|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:53 AM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- IDG Enterprise -- the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld -- earned 65 editorial and design awards in categories from blog and feature article to online news and original research at the 2014 Azbee awards from the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). Additionally, NetworkWorld.com received honorable mention for B2B Website of the Year and Computerworld.com was in the Top 10. For the third year, CIO magazine was named one of the Top 10 Magazines of the Year.
"IT leaders are dealing with massive change today -- everything from the influx of consumer technologies, to big data and analytics, as well as cloud and mobile. Our editorial teams are documenting how these trends are reshaping business and the IT organization," said John Gallant, chief content officer, IDG Communications. "We take great pride in our content and design and are thrilled to receive recognition by ASBPE. We strive to help our readers navigate these changes and we look forward to producing award-winning work that helps companies drive results through the use of technology."
Including this latest recognition from ASBPE, IDG Enterprise brands have won more than 130 editorial awards since 2012. Each brand includes writers, bloggers and designers that produce hundreds of original articles per site each month, setting an exceptional standard for showcasing the transformation of technology in the enterprise.
"Media is undergoing a transformation, and our visitor audience of technology leaders has not only embraced new mediums, but they are leading engagement with our editors through our responsive design based sites and social media," said Matthew Yorke, CEO of IDG Enterprise. "Being recognized for the innovative use of new channels, in addition to our ongoing stellar reporting and design is very exciting. These recognitions are a great honor and I could not be more pleased to work with such a talented team."
2014 ASBPE Azbee Award Recap
- Magazine of the Year (Top 10 - National)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "The Top 10 Programming Skills that will get you Hired" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- "Martin on Mobile Apps" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Blackberry Z10 Review: Hands On with the First Blackberry 10 Smart Phone" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "New Chief in Town" (Gold - Regional)
- E-Newsletter: General Excellence -- E-Newsletter (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Photo -- The Great Schism (Gold - Regional)
- Original Research -- "2013 State of the CIO: Gaining Stature" (Silver - Regional)
- Company Profile: Long -- "Failure IS an Option" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Big Data from Above" (Silver - Regional)
- Social Media Presence -- CIO Facebook (Silver - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data from Above" (Bronze - Regional)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "State of the CIO 2013" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Computerworld.com (Top 10 - National)
- Original Research -- "Salary Survey 2013" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "The Data Shows: Top H-1B Users are Offshore Outsourcers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Extract Custom Data from the Google Analytics API" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Original Web Commentary -- Original Commentary (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Forget Fingerprints: Your Iris is Your New Identity" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Case History -- "Fueled By Analytics" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- "Defensive Computing" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web News Section -- News (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "Cryptolocker: How to Avoid Getting Infected and What to do if You Are" (Silver - National & Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "H-1B Workers in line for Obamacare Work" (Bronze - National & Gold -Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "4 Ideas to Steal from IT Upstarts" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "4 video editors: Pro Results for Ambitious Amateurs" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- How-To Article -- "Managing Chaos" (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Silver - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Project Greenlight" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Buried in Software Licensing" (Bronze - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Samsung Galaxy S4 Deep-Dive Review: A Real-World Evaluation" (Bronze - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Bronze - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Thank You For Not Sharing (Silver - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- Bytestream (Silver - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "Real Names, Real Problems: Pseudonymity Under Siege" (Bronze - Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "Why Your Users Hate Agile Development (And What You Can do About It" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Networkworld.com (Honorable Mention - National)
- Web Site Landing Page Design -- Holiday Gift Guide (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Trade Show/Conference Coverage -- Interop 2013 (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Understanding Software Defined Networking" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Buzzblog (Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "802.11ac 'Gigabit Wi-Fi' Starts to Show Potential, Limits" (Silver - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Stay One Step Ahead of Phishing Attacks" (Bronze - Regional)
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG's DEMO conferences provide a platform for today's most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 293
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,795
[slides] Workloads and Public Cloud at @CloudExpo By @utollwi | @ProfitBricksUSA #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,196
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 440
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 373
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit f...
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,152
"We have been in business for 21 years and have been building many enterprise solutions, all IT plumbing - server, storage, interconnects," stated Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,034
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 417
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,673
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to tran...
Jul. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 404
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,180
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 379
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 338
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 630
[slides] From Industry to Society By @JMondanaro | @ThingsExpo @MetraTech @Ericsson #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,760
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:25 AM EDT Reads: 144
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share w...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,037
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud busine...
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,898