|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:53 AM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- IDG Enterprise -- the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld -- earned 65 editorial and design awards in categories from blog and feature article to online news and original research at the 2014 Azbee awards from the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). Additionally, NetworkWorld.com received honorable mention for B2B Website of the Year and Computerworld.com was in the Top 10. For the third year, CIO magazine was named one of the Top 10 Magazines of the Year.
"IT leaders are dealing with massive change today -- everything from the influx of consumer technologies, to big data and analytics, as well as cloud and mobile. Our editorial teams are documenting how these trends are reshaping business and the IT organization," said John Gallant, chief content officer, IDG Communications. "We take great pride in our content and design and are thrilled to receive recognition by ASBPE. We strive to help our readers navigate these changes and we look forward to producing award-winning work that helps companies drive results through the use of technology."
Including this latest recognition from ASBPE, IDG Enterprise brands have won more than 130 editorial awards since 2012. Each brand includes writers, bloggers and designers that produce hundreds of original articles per site each month, setting an exceptional standard for showcasing the transformation of technology in the enterprise.
"Media is undergoing a transformation, and our visitor audience of technology leaders has not only embraced new mediums, but they are leading engagement with our editors through our responsive design based sites and social media," said Matthew Yorke, CEO of IDG Enterprise. "Being recognized for the innovative use of new channels, in addition to our ongoing stellar reporting and design is very exciting. These recognitions are a great honor and I could not be more pleased to work with such a talented team."
2014 ASBPE Azbee Award Recap
- Magazine of the Year (Top 10 - National)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "The Top 10 Programming Skills that will get you Hired" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- "Martin on Mobile Apps" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Blackberry Z10 Review: Hands On with the First Blackberry 10 Smart Phone" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "New Chief in Town" (Gold - Regional)
- E-Newsletter: General Excellence -- E-Newsletter (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Photo -- The Great Schism (Gold - Regional)
- Original Research -- "2013 State of the CIO: Gaining Stature" (Silver - Regional)
- Company Profile: Long -- "Failure IS an Option" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Big Data from Above" (Silver - Regional)
- Social Media Presence -- CIO Facebook (Silver - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data from Above" (Bronze - Regional)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "State of the CIO 2013" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Computerworld.com (Top 10 - National)
- Original Research -- "Salary Survey 2013" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "The Data Shows: Top H-1B Users are Offshore Outsourcers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Extract Custom Data from the Google Analytics API" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Original Web Commentary -- Original Commentary (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Forget Fingerprints: Your Iris is Your New Identity" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Case History -- "Fueled By Analytics" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- "Defensive Computing" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web News Section -- News (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "Cryptolocker: How to Avoid Getting Infected and What to do if You Are" (Silver - National & Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "H-1B Workers in line for Obamacare Work" (Bronze - National & Gold -Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "4 Ideas to Steal from IT Upstarts" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "4 video editors: Pro Results for Ambitious Amateurs" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- How-To Article -- "Managing Chaos" (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Silver - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Project Greenlight" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Buried in Software Licensing" (Bronze - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Samsung Galaxy S4 Deep-Dive Review: A Real-World Evaluation" (Bronze - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Bronze - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Thank You For Not Sharing (Silver - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- Bytestream (Silver - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "Real Names, Real Problems: Pseudonymity Under Siege" (Bronze - Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "Why Your Users Hate Agile Development (And What You Can do About It" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Networkworld.com (Honorable Mention - National)
- Web Site Landing Page Design -- Holiday Gift Guide (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Trade Show/Conference Coverage -- Interop 2013 (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Understanding Software Defined Networking" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Buzzblog (Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "802.11ac 'Gigabit Wi-Fi' Starts to Show Potential, Limits" (Silver - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Stay One Step Ahead of Phishing Attacks" (Bronze - Regional)
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG's DEMO conferences provide a platform for today's most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,638
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 6, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,924
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EST Reads: 1,844
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,885
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,196
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Dec. 6, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,583
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:45 PM EST Reads: 4,304
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,059
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 985
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Dec. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,963
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 525
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,231
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,095
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 417
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,060
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,621
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,702
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,074
[slides] Agility for Digital Transformation | @CloudExpo @NewhouseConsult #Agile #DigitalTransformation
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 870
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,565