|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:53 AM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- IDG Enterprise -- the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld -- earned 65 editorial and design awards in categories from blog and feature article to online news and original research at the 2014 Azbee awards from the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). Additionally, NetworkWorld.com received honorable mention for B2B Website of the Year and Computerworld.com was in the Top 10. For the third year, CIO magazine was named one of the Top 10 Magazines of the Year.
"IT leaders are dealing with massive change today -- everything from the influx of consumer technologies, to big data and analytics, as well as cloud and mobile. Our editorial teams are documenting how these trends are reshaping business and the IT organization," said John Gallant, chief content officer, IDG Communications. "We take great pride in our content and design and are thrilled to receive recognition by ASBPE. We strive to help our readers navigate these changes and we look forward to producing award-winning work that helps companies drive results through the use of technology."
Including this latest recognition from ASBPE, IDG Enterprise brands have won more than 130 editorial awards since 2012. Each brand includes writers, bloggers and designers that produce hundreds of original articles per site each month, setting an exceptional standard for showcasing the transformation of technology in the enterprise.
"Media is undergoing a transformation, and our visitor audience of technology leaders has not only embraced new mediums, but they are leading engagement with our editors through our responsive design based sites and social media," said Matthew Yorke, CEO of IDG Enterprise. "Being recognized for the innovative use of new channels, in addition to our ongoing stellar reporting and design is very exciting. These recognitions are a great honor and I could not be more pleased to work with such a talented team."
2014 ASBPE Azbee Award Recap
- Magazine of the Year (Top 10 - National)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "The Top 10 Programming Skills that will get you Hired" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- "Martin on Mobile Apps" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Blackberry Z10 Review: Hands On with the First Blackberry 10 Smart Phone" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "New Chief in Town" (Gold - Regional)
- E-Newsletter: General Excellence -- E-Newsletter (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Photo -- The Great Schism (Gold - Regional)
- Original Research -- "2013 State of the CIO: Gaining Stature" (Silver - Regional)
- Company Profile: Long -- "Failure IS an Option" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Big Data from Above" (Silver - Regional)
- Social Media Presence -- CIO Facebook (Silver - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data from Above" (Bronze - Regional)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "State of the CIO 2013" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Computerworld.com (Top 10 - National)
- Original Research -- "Salary Survey 2013" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "The Data Shows: Top H-1B Users are Offshore Outsourcers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Extract Custom Data from the Google Analytics API" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Original Web Commentary -- Original Commentary (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Forget Fingerprints: Your Iris is Your New Identity" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Case History -- "Fueled By Analytics" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- "Defensive Computing" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web News Section -- News (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "Cryptolocker: How to Avoid Getting Infected and What to do if You Are" (Silver - National & Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "H-1B Workers in line for Obamacare Work" (Bronze - National & Gold -Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "4 Ideas to Steal from IT Upstarts" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "4 video editors: Pro Results for Ambitious Amateurs" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- How-To Article -- "Managing Chaos" (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Silver - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Project Greenlight" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Buried in Software Licensing" (Bronze - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Samsung Galaxy S4 Deep-Dive Review: A Real-World Evaluation" (Bronze - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Bronze - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Thank You For Not Sharing (Silver - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- Bytestream (Silver - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "Real Names, Real Problems: Pseudonymity Under Siege" (Bronze - Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "Why Your Users Hate Agile Development (And What You Can do About It" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Networkworld.com (Honorable Mention - National)
- Web Site Landing Page Design -- Holiday Gift Guide (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Trade Show/Conference Coverage -- Interop 2013 (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Understanding Software Defined Networking" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Buzzblog (Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "802.11ac 'Gigabit Wi-Fi' Starts to Show Potential, Limits" (Silver - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Stay One Step Ahead of Phishing Attacks" (Bronze - Regional)
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG's DEMO conferences provide a platform for today's most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 25, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 283
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 416
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 410
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 159
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Nov. 24, 2015 07:30 PM EST Reads: 345
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 507
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 24, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 461
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 24, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 416
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 24, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 338
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 24, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 488
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 24, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 482
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 24, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 481
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 24, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 493
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 24, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 336
SYS-CON Events announced today that Kintone has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. kintone promotes cloud-based workgroup productivity, transparency and profitability with a seamless collaboration space, build your own business application (BYOA) platform, and workflow automation system.
Nov. 24, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 567
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 24, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 355
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 24, 2015 06:15 AM EST Reads: 242
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 24, 2015 04:45 AM EST Reads: 374
According to eMarketer.com, wearable usage will grow almost 60% in 2015 verses 2014. This year, almost 40 million U.S. adults will use wearables, including smartwatches and fitness trackers. And that’s only 16% of the penetrable market. They expect that number double in two years with close to 82 million adults wearing something connected by 2018. Almost two in five internet users by 2019. You probably think that it’ll be all those youngsters growing up with connected objects but over the next f...
Nov. 21, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 256
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 21, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 449