|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:53 AM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- IDG Enterprise -- the leading enterprise technology media company composed of Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld -- earned 65 editorial and design awards in categories from blog and feature article to online news and original research at the 2014 Azbee awards from the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). Additionally, NetworkWorld.com received honorable mention for B2B Website of the Year and Computerworld.com was in the Top 10. For the third year, CIO magazine was named one of the Top 10 Magazines of the Year.
"IT leaders are dealing with massive change today -- everything from the influx of consumer technologies, to big data and analytics, as well as cloud and mobile. Our editorial teams are documenting how these trends are reshaping business and the IT organization," said John Gallant, chief content officer, IDG Communications. "We take great pride in our content and design and are thrilled to receive recognition by ASBPE. We strive to help our readers navigate these changes and we look forward to producing award-winning work that helps companies drive results through the use of technology."
Including this latest recognition from ASBPE, IDG Enterprise brands have won more than 130 editorial awards since 2012. Each brand includes writers, bloggers and designers that produce hundreds of original articles per site each month, setting an exceptional standard for showcasing the transformation of technology in the enterprise.
"Media is undergoing a transformation, and our visitor audience of technology leaders has not only embraced new mediums, but they are leading engagement with our editors through our responsive design based sites and social media," said Matthew Yorke, CEO of IDG Enterprise. "Being recognized for the innovative use of new channels, in addition to our ongoing stellar reporting and design is very exciting. These recognitions are a great honor and I could not be more pleased to work with such a talented team."
2014 ASBPE Azbee Award Recap
- Magazine of the Year (Top 10 - National)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "The Top 10 Programming Skills that will get you Hired" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- "Martin on Mobile Apps" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Blackberry Z10 Review: Hands On with the First Blackberry 10 Smart Phone" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "New Chief in Town" (Gold - Regional)
- E-Newsletter: General Excellence -- E-Newsletter (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Photo -- The Great Schism (Gold - Regional)
- Original Research -- "2013 State of the CIO: Gaining Stature" (Silver - Regional)
- Company Profile: Long -- "Failure IS an Option" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Big Data from Above" (Silver - Regional)
- Social Media Presence -- CIO Facebook (Silver - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data from Above" (Bronze - Regional)
- Photo Gallery: Slideshow -- "State of the CIO 2013" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Computerworld.com (Top 10 - National)
- Original Research -- "Salary Survey 2013" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "The Data Shows: Top H-1B Users are Offshore Outsourcers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Extract Custom Data from the Google Analytics API" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Original Web Commentary -- Original Commentary (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Forget Fingerprints: Your Iris is Your New Identity" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Case History -- "Fueled By Analytics" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Gold - National & Gold - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- "Defensive Computing" (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web News Section -- News (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "Cryptolocker: How to Avoid Getting Infected and What to do if You Are" (Silver - National & Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "H-1B Workers in line for Obamacare Work" (Bronze - National & Gold -Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "4 Ideas to Steal from IT Upstarts" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Deep Thinkers" (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "4 video editors: Pro Results for Ambitious Amateurs" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- How-To Article -- "Managing Chaos" (Gold - Regional)
- Front Cover: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Silver - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Project Greenlight" (Silver - Regional)
- Feature Article: General Interest -- "Buried in Software Licensing" (Bronze - Regional)
- Online Product Review -- "Samsung Galaxy S4 Deep-Dive Review: A Real-World Evaluation" (Bronze - Regional)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration -- "Big Data Blues" (Bronze - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Thank You For Not Sharing (Silver - Regional)
- Blog: How to Tips/Service -- Bytestream (Silver - Regional)
- Impact/Investigative -- "Real Names, Real Problems: Pseudonymity Under Siege" (Bronze - Regional)
- Web Feature Article -- "Why Your Users Hate Agile Development (And What You Can do About It" (Bronze - Regional)
- B2B Website of the Year -- Networkworld.com (Honorable Mention - National)
- Web Site Landing Page Design -- Holiday Gift Guide (Silver - National & Gold - Regional)
- Trade Show/Conference Coverage -- Interop 2013 (Bronze - National & Gold - Regional)
- Online Technical Article -- "Understanding Software Defined Networking" (Bronze - National & Silver - Regional)
- Blog: Analysis/Commentary -- Buzzblog (Silver - Regional)
- Enterprise News Story -- "802.11ac 'Gigabit Wi-Fi' Starts to Show Potential, Limits" (Silver - Regional)
- Web How to Article -- "How to Stay One Step Ahead of Phishing Attacks" (Bronze - Regional)
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. IDG's DEMO conferences provide a platform for today's most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immed...
Jan. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 4,989
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 10,679 Replies: 1
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 4,375
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 4,611
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Jan. 31, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 4,988
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 5,360
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 4,481
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 4,385
Agility is top of mind for Cloud/Service providers and Enterprises alike. Policy Driven Data Center provides a policy model for application deployment by decoupling application needs from the underlying infrastructure primitives. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Klebanov, a Technical Solutions Architect with Cisco Systems, discussed how it differentiates from the software-defined top-down control by offering a declarative approach to allow faster and simpler application deployment. Davi...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,271
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 5,157
The adoption of the Internet Of Things (IoT) is growing and its growth is synonymous with the growth of cloud. As per predictions from IDC: IoT and the Cloud: Within the next five years, more than 90% of all IoT data will be hosted on service provider platforms as cloud computing reduces the complexity of supporting IoT "Data Blending." This means that any organization that wanted to transform themselves using IoT has to automatically embrace the cloud too, especially the public cloud. This b...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,096
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,223
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,557
In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, showed how Esri products hook into Hadoop cluster to allow you to do spatial analysis on the spatial data within your cluster, and he demonstrated rendering from a data center with ArcGIS Pro, a new product that has a brand new rendering engine.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,931
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your onlin...
Jan. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 5,296
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jan. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,674
Software Defined Storage provides many benefits for customers including agility, flexibility, faster adoption of new technology and cost effectiveness. However, for IT organizations it can be challenging and complex to build your Enterprise Grade Storage from software. In his session at Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, CMO at Cloudian, looked at the new Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) market and how it is changing the storage world. Now Software Defined Storage companies can build Enterprise grade ...
Jan. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,891
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore's Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at Big Data Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, disc...
Jan. 30, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,037
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the tec...
Jan. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,790
Can the spatial component of your Big Data be harnessed and visualized, adding another dimension of power and analytics to your data? In his session at Big Data Expo®, John Meza, Product Engineer and Performance Engineering Team Lead at Esri, discussed the spatial queries that can be used within the Hadoop ecosystem and their integration with GeoSpatial applications. The GIS Tools for Hadoop project was also discussed and its implementation to discover location-based patterns and relationships...
Jan. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,566