|By RealWire News Distribution||
|May 9, 2014 05:00 AM EDT||
Eight EMEA Speakers Join Global Line-up Covering More Than 80 Educational Sessions across Nine Tracks for Over 20,000 Attendees
London, UK - May 9, 2014 — (ISC)2® ("ISC-squared"), the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals with over 100,000 members worldwide, today released the full education programme and speaker line-up for its fourth annual Security Congress, taking place September 29 - October 2, 2014 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Ga. Once again, (ISC)2 Security Congress will be colocated with the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, bringing together more than 20,000 professionals from around the world for four days of education, networking and an expansive exhibit floor of security products and services. The complete programme can be viewed at https://congress.isc2.org/sessions.
"Security professionals are under increasing pressure to stay up-to-date on emerging issues, trends and technologies, making this year's theme 'Strengthening Cybersecurity Defenders' very timely," said W. Hord Tipton, CISSP, executive director of (ISC)². "With over 80 interactive sessions and access to unique services like the Career Pavilion and Town Hall Meeting, the professional development opportunities are abundant."
Key conference tracks include: Application Security/Software Assurance; Cloud Security; Digital Forensics; Governance, Regulation and Compliance; Healthcare Security; Malware; Mobile Security; Swiss Army Knife - Tips, Tools and Techniques for the Well-Rounded Infosecurity Professional; Threats - Inside & Out.
- John Huntsman, Jr., governor of Utah (2005-2009) and candidate for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination who has served four U.S. Presidents in critical roles around the world including ambassador to Singapore, deputy assistant secretary of commerce for Asia, U.S. trade ambassador, and most recently U.S. ambassador to China.
- General Colin L. Powell (Retired) ; who held senior military and diplomatic positions across four US presidential administrations, including Secretary of State for George W. Bush and as President Ronald Reagan's National Security Advisor
Notable Speakers and Sessions Include:
- Adam Shostack, program manager, Microsoft: "Threat Modeling Lessons from Star Wars"
- Devon Bryan, CISSP, CISA, CIPP/US, CIPP/EU, vice president, Global Trust Assurance, ADP; Trina Ford, CISSP, CIPP, director, Global Third Party Risk Management, ADP: "Holistic Vendor Risk Assurance: A View from the Trenches"
- Javvad Malik, senior analyst, Enterprise Security Practice, 451 Research: "All the Gear, No Security"
- Wim Remes, CISSP, managing consultant, Security Services, IOActive: "Threat Modeling: It's Not out of Fashion"
- Yiannis Pavlosoglou, IT Security Specialist, UBS and Arkadiusz Gondek, CISSP, CSSLP, IT Risk Specialist, UBS Arkadiusz Gondek,: "Building an Agile Risk Assessment Program - Keeping up with the Pace of Hackers." Ajoy Kumar, CSSLP, CISM, also of UBS, will speak on: Do You Have a Mature Application Security Programme?
- Timothy Wilson, CISSP, HCISPP; Director Informatics, NHS: "What the Behaviour of Children Today Can Tell You About Tomorrow's Risks"
- Dan Houser, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, HCISPP, CCFP, CISA, CISM, security & identity architect, Cardinal Health; Jeff Graham, senior advisor, Data Analytics Center of Excellence, Cardinal Health: "Securing Big Data: Lock it Down or Liberate It?"
- Dave Lewis, CISSP, global security advocate, Akamai Technologies: "Supply Chain: The Exposed Flank"
- Dr. H. Karen Lu, CISSP, CCSK, principal research engineer, Gemalto, Inc.: "A Client Side View on API Security"
- Dr. Tom Prunier, CISSP, ACE, chief cyber forensics scientist, Lockheed Martin: "What is Hiding in the Virtual Environment Host Memory Space and Should we be Worried?"
- Chris Shipp, CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GIAC, GSLC, CISM, PMP, NSA-IEM, Director of Cyber Security, U.S. Department of Energy, Strategic Petroleum Reserve: "Hacking Critical Infrastructure: From Cyber Myth to Startling Reality"
Security Congress will include a series of other (ISC)² events that can be attended by members and non-members:
- Several pre-conference sessions, including training for Cloud Forensics and Business Acumen for the Cybersecurity Professional
- Free, half-day clinics for (ISC)² credentials (CCFPSM, CISSP®, CISSP-ISSAP®, CISSP-ISSMP®, CSSLP®, and HCISPPSM)
- (ISC)² Town Hall Meeting and Member Reception [(ISC)² members only]
- Safe and Secure Online® Volunteer Orientation [(ISC)² members only]
The Security Congress programme is available online, offering attendees an opportunity to personalise their event experience. (ISC)² members are eligible for special discounted pricing and will be able to attend any of the ASIS events including keynotes, networking lunches, and educational sessions. More details are available at congress.isc2.org.
Formed in 1989 and celebrating its 25th anniversary, (ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with over 100,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognised as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSPÒ) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLPÒ), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM), Certified Authorisation Professional (CAPÒ), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPPSM), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCPÒ) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²'s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programmes and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
# # #
© 2014, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and CCFP and HCISPP are service marks, of (ISC)2, Inc.
Follow (ISC)² on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
+44 7958 474 632
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, will discuss the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data and analysis are providing the pull to meet customer expectations of a widely connected, multi-dimensional universe of people, things, and information.
Jul. 29, 2014 03:27 PM EDT Reads: 278
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 29, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,507
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Jul. 29, 2014 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 542
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,603
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Jul. 29, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 934
SYS-CON Events announced today that Esri has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. For more information, visit http://www.esri.com.
Jul. 29, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,029
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,638
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,611
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,201
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,336
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,973
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,772
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,449
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,953
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Cloud Expo Power Panel | Hybrid Clouds: Best Path to IT Transformation?
- Cloud as a Growth Engine for Business
- Docker + Stackato: The Perfect Workload Portability Solution
- Choosing Cloud Providers – Has the Provider Utilized a Proven Methodology?
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- An API Strategy Is a Business Strategy
- CodeFutures’ Cory Isaacson to Preview His Newest Book at Cloud Expo
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- A Globally Distributed Storage Cloud with Disaster Recovery
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- Enterprise Cloud Analytics and Business Intelligence
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Intelligent Systems in Transportation
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- Powering the Mobile Enterprise
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- How Platfora Is Transforming Hadoop
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Cloud Computing and Big Data in 2013: What's Coming Next?
- Think You Heard It All About The Best of the Best from CES? Well, Think Again ... My eHome® -- the Gotta-Have-It Multi-Play Solution -- Targeted for Launch in First Quarter 2014
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- Examining the True Cost of Big Data
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- Best Practices: The Role of API Management
- ARM Server to Transform Cloud and Big Data to the Internet of Things