|By PR Newswire||
|April 12, 2013 07:30 AM EDT||
BANGALORE, India, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q4 revenues grew by 1.4% sequentially; FY13 revenues grew by 5.8%
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended March 31, 2013
- Revenues were $1,938 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 1.4%
YoY growth was 9.4%
- Net profit was $444 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.3%
YoY decline was 4.1%
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.78 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.6%
YoY decline was 3.7%
- The Board of Directors recommended a final dividend of `27 per ADS for fiscal 2013 (equivalent to final dividend of approximately $0.50 per ADS at the prevailing exchange of `54.29 per US$). The Register and Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from June 1, 2013 to June 15 2013 (both days inclusive)
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.4 billion versus $4.1 billion as on December 31, 2012
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 56 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 8,990 employees (net addition of 1,059) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
- 156,688 employees as on March 31, 2013 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- The company listed its American Depository Shares (ADS) on NYSE Euronext's (NYX) London and Paris markets
- The company has decided to set aside up to US$100 million to invest in products, platforms and solutions ideas in line with Infosys 3.0 strategy
"Global economic uncertainties remain challenging for the IT industry," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We are progressing well on our strategic direction of building a high-quality company which is relevant to our clients. We are making all the investments necessary to differentiate ourselves in the market place while positioning ourselves as a partner of choice for our clients."
"The global currency market continues to be volatile reflecting the uncertain economic environment. Our hedging strategy helps us to minimize the volatility impact," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer. "We have a healthy balance sheet with our cash and cash equivalents at US$ 4.4 billion."
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues are expected to grow 6% to 10.0%;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.51; Euro / USD - 1.28
- We continue to see good adoption our products and platforms from our clients. This quarter we had 12 wins (excluding Finacle™) across industries and geographies, taking our total number of clients for products and platforms to over 75.
- In the last quarter we expanded our global footprint with a new delivery center in Munich, Germany, an onshore operations center in the Metro Atlanta Area, U.S. and a new delivery center for our BPO subsidiary in San José, Costa Rica.
- The District of Columbia awarded us to implement the District of Columbia Access System (DCAS). DCAS will be a state-of-the-art health and human services solution that provides the District's Health Benefit Exchange, a new integrated eligibility system for Medicaid, private health insurance and other programs with new case management capabilities that span programs and agencies. This system will be used to determine eligibility and to enroll individuals, families, and small businesses that purchase health care coverage through the Exchange's online marketplace.
- Our focus on Cloud and Big Data as new growth areas continues to yield results; we currently have more than 200 engagements and 3,500 experts in our Cloud practice. Over the last quarter, we won over 10 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and security. Our vision of investing in new growth areas with differentiated solutions was strengthened by the launch of Infosys BigDataEdge that radically simplifies the complex task of analyzing Big Data to discover relevant information.
- Mobility is an important focus for enterprises to make their organizations more efficient and customer centric and we are helping our clients realize the full business potential of mobility. In the last quarter we started 18 new engagements across various areas like business and technology consulting, customer outreach, mobile marketing, field services, enterprise efficiency.
- During the fourth quarter, we applied for 21 unique patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, we have 532 patent applications undergoing various stages of patent prosecution in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and have been granted 84 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and three patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
- Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub won the 2012 Golden Peacock Award for the most innovative product/service.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) presented its prestigious Business Innovation Award to Infosys Edge™.
- We have been named a 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate in recognition of our use of information technology to promote and advance public welfare, benefit society and business and change the world for the better.
- Our enterprise mobility services were rated highly by various analysts, including a leader rating in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013 report.
- Ovum, the global analyst firm, recognized Flypp™ Digital Experience Platform as a well-developed ecosystem of services, large repository of apps (comparable to Google Play and the App Store) and monetization processes.
- We won top accolades at the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Awards 2013, marking us as one of UK's best internship providers.
Board of Directors
Mr. Leo Puri has been appointed Additional Director of the Company with effect from April 11, 2013.
He will hold office up to the date of the Annual General Meeting, when his appointment as a director will be placed for the approval of the shareholders.
Mr. Puri is a Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company's Asia-Pacific Financial Institution Practice. He has served as a Senior Partner of the firm, and has 25 years of experience of working in consulting to financial institutions. Between 2007 and 2011, he was a Managing Director with Warburg Pincus & Company, a leading Private Equity Firm, responsible for investments in India and financial institutions in relevant Asian markets.
Welcoming Leo Puri to the Board, K. V. Kamath, Chairman said, "Leo Puri is one of the best known leaders of corporate India. He brings enormous value with his vast experience in the consulting field."
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys #19 among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 156,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, September 30, 2012 and December 31, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
March 31, 2013 March 31, 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $4,021 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 320 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,305 1,156 Unbilled revenue 449 368 Prepayments and other current assets 391 300 Derivative financial instruments 19 - Total current assets 6,505 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,191 1,063 Goodwill 364 195 Intangible assets 68 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 72 2 Deferred income tax assets 94 62 Income tax assets 201 204 Other non-current assets 44 32 Total non-current assets 2,034 1,592 Total assets $8,539 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 35 5 Current income tax liabilities 245 207 Client deposits 6 3 Unearned revenue 152 107 Employee benefit obligations 113 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 568 482 Total current liabilities 1,158 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 23 2 Other non-current liabilities 27 22 Total liabilities 1,208 961 Equity Share capital-5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,401, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of March 31, 2013 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,666 6,509 Other components of equity (1,103) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 7,331 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 7,331 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $8,539 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three months months Year ended Year ended ended March ended March March 31, March 31, 31, 2013 31, 2012 2013 2012 Revenues $1,938 $1,771 $7,398 $6,994 Cost of sales 1,261 1,041 4,637 4,118 Gross profit 677 730 2,761 2,876 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 96 91 373 366 Administrative expenses 124 111 479 497 Total operating expenses 220 202 852 863 Operating profit 457 528 1,909 2,013 Other income 125 131 433 397 Profit before income taxes 582 659 2,342 2,410 Income tax expense 138 196 617 694 Net profit $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available-for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect 1 - 1 (2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations 74 244 (404) (760) Total other comprehensive income $75 $244 $(403) $(762) Total comprehensive income $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Non-controlling interests - - - - $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Non-controlling interests - - - - $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Diluted ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,402,566 571,392,171 571,399,238 571,365,494 Diluted 571,402,566 571,399,573 571,400,091 571,396,142
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and year ended March 31, 2013 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on April 12, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded fromhttp://www.infosys.com
INR Press Release: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prne/operations/INR-press-release-Q4.pdf
As enterprises engage with Big Data technologies to develop applications needed to meet operational demands, new computation fabrics are continually being introduced. To leverage these new innovations, organizations are sacrificing market opportunities to gain expertise in learning new systems. In his session at Big Data Expo, Supreet Oberoi, Vice President of Field Engineering at Concurrent, Inc., discussed how to leverage existing infrastructure and investments and future-proof them against e...
Dec. 17, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,287
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
Dec. 17, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,183
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in San...
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,261
"Desktop as a Service is emerging as a very big trend. One of the big influencers of this – for Esri – is that we have a large user base that uses virtualization and they are looking at Desktop as a Service right now," explained John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,396
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,107
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,075
“We are a managed services company. We have taken the key aspects of the cloud and the purposed data center and merged the two together and launched the Purposed Cloud about 18–24 months ago," explained Chetan Patwardhan, CEO of Stratogent, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,072
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,196
SYS-CON Events announced today that Creative Business Solutions will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Creative Business Solutions is the top stocking authorized HP Renew Distributor in the U.S. Based out of Long Island, NY, Creative Business Solutions offers a one-stop shop for a diverse range of products including Proliant, Blade and Industry Standard Servers, Networking, Server Options and...
Dec. 16, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,014
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
Dec. 16, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,200
An effective way of thinking in Big Data is composed of a methodical framework for dealing with the predicted shortage of 50-60% of the qualified Big Data resources in the U.S. This holistic model comprises the scientific and engineering steps that are involved in accelerating Big Data solutions: problem, diagnosis, facts, analysis, hypothesis, solution, prototype and implementation. In his session at Big Data Expo®, Tony Shan focused on the concept, importance, and considerations for each of t...
Dec. 16, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,189
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,837
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,585
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal S...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,926
More and more file-based and machine generated data is being created every day causing exponential data and content growth, and creating a management nightmare for IT managers. What data centers really need to cope with this growth is a purpose-built tiered archive appliance that enables users to establish a single storage target for all of their applications - an appliance that will intelligently place and move data to and between storage tiers based on user-defined policies. In her session a...
Dec. 15, 2014 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,740
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., discussed how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the app...
Dec. 15, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,322
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Dec. 15, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,410
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 15, 2014 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,998
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is - how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, discussed the common mistakes businesses make when transitioning t...
Dec. 15, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,632
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects - scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e....
Dec. 15, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,863