|By PR Newswire||
|April 12, 2013 07:30 AM EDT||
BANGALORE, India, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q4 revenues grew by 1.4% sequentially; FY13 revenues grew by 5.8%
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended March 31, 2013
- Revenues were $1,938 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 1.4%
YoY growth was 9.4%
- Net profit was $444 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.3%
YoY decline was 4.1%
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.78 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.6%
YoY decline was 3.7%
- The Board of Directors recommended a final dividend of `27 per ADS for fiscal 2013 (equivalent to final dividend of approximately $0.50 per ADS at the prevailing exchange of `54.29 per US$). The Register and Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from June 1, 2013 to June 15 2013 (both days inclusive)
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.4 billion versus $4.1 billion as on December 31, 2012
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 56 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 8,990 employees (net addition of 1,059) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
- 156,688 employees as on March 31, 2013 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- The company listed its American Depository Shares (ADS) on NYSE Euronext's (NYX) London and Paris markets
- The company has decided to set aside up to US$100 million to invest in products, platforms and solutions ideas in line with Infosys 3.0 strategy
"Global economic uncertainties remain challenging for the IT industry," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We are progressing well on our strategic direction of building a high-quality company which is relevant to our clients. We are making all the investments necessary to differentiate ourselves in the market place while positioning ourselves as a partner of choice for our clients."
"The global currency market continues to be volatile reflecting the uncertain economic environment. Our hedging strategy helps us to minimize the volatility impact," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer. "We have a healthy balance sheet with our cash and cash equivalents at US$ 4.4 billion."
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues are expected to grow 6% to 10.0%;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.51; Euro / USD - 1.28
- We continue to see good adoption our products and platforms from our clients. This quarter we had 12 wins (excluding Finacle™) across industries and geographies, taking our total number of clients for products and platforms to over 75.
- In the last quarter we expanded our global footprint with a new delivery center in Munich, Germany, an onshore operations center in the Metro Atlanta Area, U.S. and a new delivery center for our BPO subsidiary in San José, Costa Rica.
- The District of Columbia awarded us to implement the District of Columbia Access System (DCAS). DCAS will be a state-of-the-art health and human services solution that provides the District's Health Benefit Exchange, a new integrated eligibility system for Medicaid, private health insurance and other programs with new case management capabilities that span programs and agencies. This system will be used to determine eligibility and to enroll individuals, families, and small businesses that purchase health care coverage through the Exchange's online marketplace.
- Our focus on Cloud and Big Data as new growth areas continues to yield results; we currently have more than 200 engagements and 3,500 experts in our Cloud practice. Over the last quarter, we won over 10 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and security. Our vision of investing in new growth areas with differentiated solutions was strengthened by the launch of Infosys BigDataEdge that radically simplifies the complex task of analyzing Big Data to discover relevant information.
- Mobility is an important focus for enterprises to make their organizations more efficient and customer centric and we are helping our clients realize the full business potential of mobility. In the last quarter we started 18 new engagements across various areas like business and technology consulting, customer outreach, mobile marketing, field services, enterprise efficiency.
- During the fourth quarter, we applied for 21 unique patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, we have 532 patent applications undergoing various stages of patent prosecution in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and have been granted 84 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and three patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
- Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub won the 2012 Golden Peacock Award for the most innovative product/service.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) presented its prestigious Business Innovation Award to Infosys Edge™.
- We have been named a 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate in recognition of our use of information technology to promote and advance public welfare, benefit society and business and change the world for the better.
- Our enterprise mobility services were rated highly by various analysts, including a leader rating in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013 report.
- Ovum, the global analyst firm, recognized Flypp™ Digital Experience Platform as a well-developed ecosystem of services, large repository of apps (comparable to Google Play and the App Store) and monetization processes.
- We won top accolades at the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Awards 2013, marking us as one of UK's best internship providers.
Board of Directors
Mr. Leo Puri has been appointed Additional Director of the Company with effect from April 11, 2013.
He will hold office up to the date of the Annual General Meeting, when his appointment as a director will be placed for the approval of the shareholders.
Mr. Puri is a Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company's Asia-Pacific Financial Institution Practice. He has served as a Senior Partner of the firm, and has 25 years of experience of working in consulting to financial institutions. Between 2007 and 2011, he was a Managing Director with Warburg Pincus & Company, a leading Private Equity Firm, responsible for investments in India and financial institutions in relevant Asian markets.
Welcoming Leo Puri to the Board, K. V. Kamath, Chairman said, "Leo Puri is one of the best known leaders of corporate India. He brings enormous value with his vast experience in the consulting field."
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys #19 among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 156,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, September 30, 2012 and December 31, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
March 31, 2013 March 31, 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $4,021 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 320 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,305 1,156 Unbilled revenue 449 368 Prepayments and other current assets 391 300 Derivative financial instruments 19 - Total current assets 6,505 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,191 1,063 Goodwill 364 195 Intangible assets 68 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 72 2 Deferred income tax assets 94 62 Income tax assets 201 204 Other non-current assets 44 32 Total non-current assets 2,034 1,592 Total assets $8,539 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 35 5 Current income tax liabilities 245 207 Client deposits 6 3 Unearned revenue 152 107 Employee benefit obligations 113 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 568 482 Total current liabilities 1,158 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 23 2 Other non-current liabilities 27 22 Total liabilities 1,208 961 Equity Share capital-5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,401, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of March 31, 2013 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,666 6,509 Other components of equity (1,103) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 7,331 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 7,331 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $8,539 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three months months Year ended Year ended ended March ended March March 31, March 31, 31, 2013 31, 2012 2013 2012 Revenues $1,938 $1,771 $7,398 $6,994 Cost of sales 1,261 1,041 4,637 4,118 Gross profit 677 730 2,761 2,876 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 96 91 373 366 Administrative expenses 124 111 479 497 Total operating expenses 220 202 852 863 Operating profit 457 528 1,909 2,013 Other income 125 131 433 397 Profit before income taxes 582 659 2,342 2,410 Income tax expense 138 196 617 694 Net profit $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available-for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect 1 - 1 (2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations 74 244 (404) (760) Total other comprehensive income $75 $244 $(403) $(762) Total comprehensive income $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Non-controlling interests - - - - $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Non-controlling interests - - - - $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Diluted ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,402,566 571,392,171 571,399,238 571,365,494 Diluted 571,402,566 571,399,573 571,400,091 571,396,142
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and year ended March 31, 2013 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on April 12, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded fromhttp://www.infosys.com
INR Press Release: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prne/operations/INR-press-release-Q4.pdf
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Ben Perlmutter, a Sales Engineer with IBM Cloudant, demonstrated techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user e...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 PM EST Reads: 390
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 380
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 524
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 520
We are rapidly moving to a brave new world of interconnected smart homes, cars, offices and factories known as the Internet of Things (IoT). Sensors and monitoring devices will touch every part of our lives. Let's take a closer look at the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things is a worldwide network of objects and devices connected to the Internet. They are electronics, sensors, software and more. These objects connect to the Internet and can be controlled remotely via apps and programs. ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 498
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 392
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 121
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 125
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 445
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 377
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 26, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 479
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 26, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 269
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 26, 2015 06:45 AM EST Reads: 406
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 26, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 313
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 26, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 201
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 442
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
Nov. 26, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 444
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, San...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 537
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 501
There are over 120 breakout sessions in all, with Keynotes, General Sessions, and Power Panels adding to three days of incredibly rich presentations and content. Join @ThingsExpo conference chair Roger Strukhoff (@IoT2040), June 7-9, 2016 in New York City, for three days of intense 'Internet of Things' discussion and focus, including Big Data's indespensable role in IoT, Smart Grids and Industrial Internet of Things, Wearables and Consumer IoT, as well as (new) IoT's use in Vertical Markets.
Nov. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 534