|By PR Newswire||
|April 12, 2013 07:30 AM EDT||
BANGALORE, India, April 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q4 revenues grew by 1.4% sequentially; FY13 revenues grew by 5.8%
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended March 31, 2013
- Revenues were $1,938 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 1.4%
YoY growth was 9.4%
- Net profit was $444 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.3%
YoY decline was 4.1%
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.78 for the quarter ended March 31, 2013;
QoQ growth was 2.6%
YoY decline was 3.7%
- The Board of Directors recommended a final dividend of `27 per ADS for fiscal 2013 (equivalent to final dividend of approximately $0.50 per ADS at the prevailing exchange of `54.29 per US$). The Register and Share Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from June 1, 2013 to June 15 2013 (both days inclusive)
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.4 billion versus $4.1 billion as on December 31, 2012
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 56 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 8,990 employees (net addition of 1,059) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries
- 156,688 employees as on March 31, 2013 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- The company listed its American Depository Shares (ADS) on NYSE Euronext's (NYX) London and Paris markets
- The company has decided to set aside up to US$100 million to invest in products, platforms and solutions ideas in line with Infosys 3.0 strategy
"Global economic uncertainties remain challenging for the IT industry," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We are progressing well on our strategic direction of building a high-quality company which is relevant to our clients. We are making all the investments necessary to differentiate ourselves in the market place while positioning ourselves as a partner of choice for our clients."
"The global currency market continues to be volatile reflecting the uncertain economic environment. Our hedging strategy helps us to minimize the volatility impact," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer. "We have a healthy balance sheet with our cash and cash equivalents at US$ 4.4 billion."
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues are expected to grow 6% to 10.0%;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.51; Euro / USD - 1.28
- We continue to see good adoption our products and platforms from our clients. This quarter we had 12 wins (excluding Finacle™) across industries and geographies, taking our total number of clients for products and platforms to over 75.
- In the last quarter we expanded our global footprint with a new delivery center in Munich, Germany, an onshore operations center in the Metro Atlanta Area, U.S. and a new delivery center for our BPO subsidiary in San José, Costa Rica.
- The District of Columbia awarded us to implement the District of Columbia Access System (DCAS). DCAS will be a state-of-the-art health and human services solution that provides the District's Health Benefit Exchange, a new integrated eligibility system for Medicaid, private health insurance and other programs with new case management capabilities that span programs and agencies. This system will be used to determine eligibility and to enroll individuals, families, and small businesses that purchase health care coverage through the Exchange's online marketplace.
- Our focus on Cloud and Big Data as new growth areas continues to yield results; we currently have more than 200 engagements and 3,500 experts in our Cloud practice. Over the last quarter, we won over 10 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and security. Our vision of investing in new growth areas with differentiated solutions was strengthened by the launch of Infosys BigDataEdge that radically simplifies the complex task of analyzing Big Data to discover relevant information.
- Mobility is an important focus for enterprises to make their organizations more efficient and customer centric and we are helping our clients realize the full business potential of mobility. In the last quarter we started 18 new engagements across various areas like business and technology consulting, customer outreach, mobile marketing, field services, enterprise efficiency.
- During the fourth quarter, we applied for 21 unique patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, we have 532 patent applications undergoing various stages of patent prosecution in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and have been granted 84 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and three patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
- Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub won the 2012 Golden Peacock Award for the most innovative product/service.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) presented its prestigious Business Innovation Award to Infosys Edge™.
- We have been named a 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate in recognition of our use of information technology to promote and advance public welfare, benefit society and business and change the world for the better.
- Our enterprise mobility services were rated highly by various analysts, including a leader rating in The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013 report.
- Ovum, the global analyst firm, recognized Flypp™ Digital Experience Platform as a well-developed ecosystem of services, large repository of apps (comparable to Google Play and the App Store) and monetization processes.
- We won top accolades at the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Awards 2013, marking us as one of UK's best internship providers.
Board of Directors
Mr. Leo Puri has been appointed Additional Director of the Company with effect from April 11, 2013.
He will hold office up to the date of the Annual General Meeting, when his appointment as a director will be placed for the approval of the shareholders.
Mr. Puri is a Senior Advisor to McKinsey & Company's Asia-Pacific Financial Institution Practice. He has served as a Senior Partner of the firm, and has 25 years of experience of working in consulting to financial institutions. Between 2007 and 2011, he was a Managing Director with Warburg Pincus & Company, a leading Private Equity Firm, responsible for investments in India and financial institutions in relevant Asian markets.
Welcoming Leo Puri to the Board, K. V. Kamath, Chairman said, "Leo Puri is one of the best known leaders of corporate India. He brings enormous value with his vast experience in the consulting field."
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys #19 among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 156,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, September 30, 2012 and December 31, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
March 31, 2013 March 31, 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $4,021 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 320 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,305 1,156 Unbilled revenue 449 368 Prepayments and other current assets 391 300 Derivative financial instruments 19 - Total current assets 6,505 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,191 1,063 Goodwill 364 195 Intangible assets 68 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 72 2 Deferred income tax assets 94 62 Income tax assets 201 204 Other non-current assets 44 32 Total non-current assets 2,034 1,592 Total assets $8,539 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 35 5 Current income tax liabilities 245 207 Client deposits 6 3 Unearned revenue 152 107 Employee benefit obligations 113 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 568 482 Total current liabilities 1,158 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 23 2 Other non-current liabilities 27 22 Total liabilities 1,208 961 Equity Share capital-5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,401, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of March 31, 2013 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,666 6,509 Other components of equity (1,103) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 7,331 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 7,331 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $8,539 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three months months Year ended Year ended ended March ended March March 31, March 31, 31, 2013 31, 2012 2013 2012 Revenues $1,938 $1,771 $7,398 $6,994 Cost of sales 1,261 1,041 4,637 4,118 Gross profit 677 730 2,761 2,876 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 96 91 373 366 Administrative expenses 124 111 479 497 Total operating expenses 220 202 852 863 Operating profit 457 528 1,909 2,013 Other income 125 131 433 397 Profit before income taxes 582 659 2,342 2,410 Income tax expense 138 196 617 694 Net profit $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available-for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect 1 - 1 (2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations 74 244 (404) (760) Total other comprehensive income $75 $244 $(403) $(762) Total comprehensive income $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Non-controlling interests - - - - $444 $463 $1,725 $1,716 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Non-controlling interests - - - - $519 $707 $1,322 $954 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Diluted ($) 0.78 0.81 3.02 3.00 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,402,566 571,392,171 571,399,238 571,365,494 Diluted 571,402,566 571,399,573 571,400,091 571,396,142
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and year ended March 31, 2013 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on April 12, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded fromhttp://www.infosys.com
INR Press Release: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prne/operations/INR-press-release-Q4.pdf
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to tran...
Jul. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 396
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 325
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,169
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 374
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 422
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 330
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 360
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 29, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 281
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,669
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 626
[slides] From Industry to Society By @JMondanaro | @ThingsExpo @MetraTech @Ericsson #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,755
[slides] Workloads and Public Cloud at @CloudExpo By @utollwi | @ProfitBricksUSA #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,188
SYS-CON Events announced today that Agema Systems will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Agema Systems is the leading provider of critical white-box rack solutions to data centers through the major integrators and value added distribution channels.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:25 AM EDT Reads: 139
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share w...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,040
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,627
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud busine...
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,895
[slides] The Secure Path to Value in the Cloud By @Windstream | @CloudExpo #IoT #API #Containers #Microservices
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Jul. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,890
"CenturyLink brings a full suite of services to the table and that enables us to be an IT service provider," explained Jeff Katzen, Director of the Cloud Practice at CenturyLink, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,129
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit f...
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,142