|By Marketwired .||
|February 19, 2013 01:02 PM EST||
ISELIN, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- IT environments are changing dramatically and becoming too complex and dynamic for traditional, manual and fragmented management approaches. Whether companies are extending the benefits of virtualization to the next level of business critical applications, virtualizing the desktop layer, adopting multiple virtualization platforms or extending their cloud exposure -- they have no tolerance for user experience issues and cost overruns.
The most common reasons why companies seek performance assurance solutions include:
- Slow response to performance problems and downtime leading to user frustration and low productivity.
- Rising IT support cost & complexity associated with traditional performance management.
- Rising infrastructure cost including the addition of new hardware used to try and solve performance problems.
- Failing or underperforming IT initiatives that don't deliver expected results.
Other common drivers for performance management and visibility include the need to prove defined service levels to internal and external customers, the requirement to show return on investment for new virtualization projects, as well as expansion of existing deployments or the refresh of outdated technologies.
As a leading provider of automated performance management solutions for virtual, cloud and physical IT infrastructures, eG Innovations is in a unique position to see how IT environments are evolving in its customer base and beyond. Having worked with hundreds of enterprises to deploy performance management and monitoring solutions, eG Innovations is observing the following IT trends as well as the way these changes elevate the need for deep performance visibility, automated cross-silo performance correlation and diagnosis, pre-emptive problem alerting and predictive analytics so that companies can deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT.
1) Mission-critical Applications Now Virtualized - As more and mission-critical business applications such as SAP are virtualized to reap the benefits of resource abstraction, more complexity and dynamic dependencies are introduced to the service delivered to end users. With this rise in complexity, there are more opportunities for things to go wrong which makes it even more important that IT administrators take a user experience perspective and pre-emptive performance stance in order to maintain and improve the availability, reliability and performance of mission-critical application environments.
2) Virtual Desktops Go Mainstream - VDI and virtual desktop adoption continues to accelerate and broaden from pilot to full scale deployments. This increases the likelihood that support teams are bombarded with users calling with "my desktop is slow" issues. Almost half of all VDI projects still fail due to end user experience issues or cost overruns. As projects go full scale, assessing virtual desktop performance in production deployments will become a key concern as companies seek to maintain high end-user satisfaction and high return on their IT investments.
Look for performance management platforms that provide deep visibility into the entire VDI service infrastructure, from the desktop and user session to the application and virtualization layer, and across all infrastructure domains that impact user experience.
3) Virtualization Platforms Proliferate - Companies are increasingly taking advantage of multiple virtualization platforms to match the right platform to the specific requirement. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper V, Citrix XenServer, and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization increase efficiency, enhance flexibility, and reduce hardware cost -- but they also add cross-domain dependencies and complexity that needs to be pro-actively managed. This complexity requires a new set of technologies that go beyond traditional silo and vendor centric tools and provide deeper visibility into the virtualization layer, into VMs -- from the user session and virtual application to the underlying hardware.
4) Cloud Adoption Accelerates - Cloud computing in different forms -- public, private or hybrid -- continues its fast-paced adoption rate as enterprises look to leverage it for improving the agility, scalability, redundancy and costs savings of their business operations. While cloud computing offers enterprises several benefits, it also throws up a number of new challenges when it comes to management of the performance of business services delivered from the cloud. For cloud computing to be successful, it is paramount that users of cloud-based services get the same experience as they would if these services were hosted in their corporate network. Poor user experience can threaten the success and ROI of cloud initiatives. Hence, it is essential that enterprises adopting cloud computing plan how they can manage the performance of cloud-based business services.
When performance issues occur with cloud or on-premise services, it's often difficult to pinpoint the root cause with traditional tools. A new, holistic approach is needed to ensure uninterrupted visibility across every tier and every layer of the entire cloud ecosystem and to address the needs of different stakeholders -- from cloud consumers to service providers of private, public and hybrid clouds.
In summary, traditional performance management tools are not keeping pace with the rapid rate of change in virtualized IT environments -- they are too silo driven, lack integration and do not quickly and precisely pinpoint the exact cause of performance challenges. IT managers need intelligent performance management solutions that deliver complete transparency and can troubleshoot the exact source of a problem in minutes rather than hours -- ideally before the problem manifests itself to the user.
This is where intelligent, virtualization-aware performance management delivers unique value because it:
- Boosts user satisfaction and productivity by significantly reducing downtime and improving application performance.
- Reduces IT support cost & complexity.
- Reduces or slows infrastructure cost through better hardware utilization and right-sizing.
- Delivers new IT initiatives on time, on budget, on target -- and reduces the risk, cost and complexity associated with new technologies.
2013 is going to be a year when CIOs are focused on balancing the realities of conflicting IT forces. Looking for greater visibility and performance assurance across their business and IT environments, they will be interested in deploying technology to correlate, diagnose, predict and analyze virtualized environments in order to better manage performance, improve the user experience and improve the ROI of their IT investments.
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations provides intelligent performance management solutions that dramatically accelerate the discovery, diagnosis, and resolution of service performance issues in virtual, cloud, and physical service infrastructures. Only eG Innovations offers 360-degree service visibility with automated, virtualization-aware performance correlation across every layer and every tier -- from desktops to applications and from network to storage. This unique approach delivers deep, actionable insights into the true causes of cross-domain service performance issues and enables administrators to pre-emptively detect, diagnose and fix root-cause issues -- before end users notice.
eG Innovations' award-winning performance management and monitoring solutions are trusted by the world's most demanding companies to enable delightful user experiences, keep mission-critical business services at peak performance and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments. Customers include: JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation, Cathay Bank, AllScripts, Honeywell, Samsung, Xerox, Marathon Oil and many more. Visit http://www.eginnovations.com for more information.
© Copyright 2013. eG Innovations All rights reserved. All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners. All other company, brand and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, will discuss the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data and analysis are providing the pull to meet customer expectations of a widely connected, multi-dimensional universe of people, things, and information.
Jul. 29, 2014 03:27 PM EDT Reads: 394
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 29, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,513
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Jul. 29, 2014 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 569
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,610
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Jul. 29, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 958
SYS-CON Events announced today that Esri has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. For more information, visit http://www.esri.com.
Jul. 29, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,048
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,052
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,640
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,611
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,338
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 1,974
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,773
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,449
SYS-CON Events announced today that the Web Host Industry Review has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2000, The Web Host Industry Review has made a name for itself as the foremost authority of the Web hosting industry providing reliable, insightful and comprehensive news, reviews and resources to the hosting community. TheWHIR Blogs provides a community of expert industry perspectives. The Web Host Industry Review Magazine also offers a business-minded, issue-driven perspective of interest to executives and decision-makers. WHIR TV offers on demand web hosting video interviews and web hosting video features of the key persons and events of the web hosting industry. WHIR Events brings together like-minded hosting industry professionals and decision-makers in local communities. TheWHIR is an iNET Interactive property.
Jul. 20, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,953
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Cloud Expo Power Panel | Hybrid Clouds: Best Path to IT Transformation?
- Cloud as a Growth Engine for Business
- Docker + Stackato: The Perfect Workload Portability Solution
- Choosing Cloud Providers – Has the Provider Utilized a Proven Methodology?
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- An API Strategy Is a Business Strategy
- CodeFutures’ Cory Isaacson to Preview His Newest Book at Cloud Expo
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- A Globally Distributed Storage Cloud with Disaster Recovery
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- Enterprise Cloud Analytics and Business Intelligence
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Intelligent Systems in Transportation
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- Powering the Mobile Enterprise
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- How Platfora Is Transforming Hadoop
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Cloud Computing and Big Data in 2013: What's Coming Next?
- Think You Heard It All About The Best of the Best from CES? Well, Think Again ... My eHome® -- the Gotta-Have-It Multi-Play Solution -- Targeted for Launch in First Quarter 2014
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- Examining the True Cost of Big Data
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- Best Practices: The Role of API Management
- ARM Server to Transform Cloud and Big Data to the Internet of Things