|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2013 10:40 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- If you are active in data center real estate and technology infrastructure, you will not want to miss CapRate Events (CRE) Second Annual Greater New York Data Center Summit on February 27. As of today, more than 250 senior-level executives and decision makers have made plans to attend. 350+ are expected to attend, including all of the most innovative firms in the Tri-State region and from around the nation. This executive-level summit will be held at the New York City Bar Association and will bring together the most active and innovative firms for important discussion, debate and networking. 40+ speakers will participate in 10 provocative panel discussions, aimed at informing executives with the necessary market intelligence and networking opportunities for new business development in today's environment.
The summit will be the data center event of 2013 for New York and New Jersey -- and it could sell out! The Greater New York Data Center Summit will feature an opening night cocktail reception at Sabey's INTERGATE.MANHATTAN, the city's new and exciting data center.
A limited number of exhibiting and speaking opportunities are available.
* Data Center Disaster Recovery: Exploring the Impact of a Superstorm on the Region's Real Estate & Technology Infrastructure
* End-User Trends & Case Studies: How are the Region's Firms Approaching Energy Efficiency and Real Estate Outsourcing Opportunities?
* Keynote Address: Portfolio Strategy/Site Location/Footprint Composition (Resiliency, Density, Efficiency)?
* Data Center Trendline 2013: Analysis of Market Fundamentals, Investment Sales Volume & New Trends
* Data Center Financing: Exploring the Role of REIT, Technology, and Private Equity Funds
* Luncheon Discussion: Data Center CEO Panel
* New Jersey Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Manhattan & New York Data Center Investment & Development Outlook
* Innovations in Energy Efficient Design & Development
* Latency Opportunities & Challenges
* Data Center Debate: Performance Sensitive vs. Undifferentiated Site Selection Decision-Making
Hear 40+ Expert Speakers, including:
* Everett Thompson, Found and CEO, WiredRE
* Brian Doricko, Director – Eastern Region, Digital Realty Trust
* Blake Ellman, President, Net Access Corporation
* Edward Roberts Fabian, Vice President of Operations, American Eagle Systems
* Tim Huffman, Executive Vice President, Global Director | Technology Solutions Group, Colliers International
* Jim Kerrigan, Principal and Director – Data Centres, Avison Young
* Jeffrey A. Moerdler, Member, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
* Mitch Simpler, Managing Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
* Luke Denmon, PMP, Critical Environment Practice, CBRE
* Barry Alton, Managing Director & Global Head – Corporate Real Estate & Services, Jefferies & Company, Inc.
* Brian Cobb, Managing Vice President – Information Technology, Capital One
* Sudhir Kalra, Global Head of Enterprise Data Centers Engineering and Operations, Morgan Stanley
* Charles Hoop, Supply & Demand Management, UBS AG
* Donald Smith, VP for Information Technology and CIO – Office of Information Technology, Rutgers University
* Joshua Vallario, Data Center Manager, BlackRock
* Michael Levy, Analyst – Datacenters, 451 Research
* Jeff Ferry, Director, Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group
* Marty Friedman, Partner & Managing Director, DH Capital, LLC
* John Hendon, IB Managing Director, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company
* Joseph Junda, Senior Director, CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* John Regan, Vice President of Acquisitions & Due Diligence – Data Center Division, Carter Validus
* Jonathan Schildkraut, Managing Director – Telecom Equity Research, Evercore Partners
* Mike Hagan, Senior Vice President, Schneider Electric
* Michael Bucheit, Chief Executive Officer, FiberMedia Group
* Chris Crosby, CEO, Compass Datacenters
* Tony Greenberg, CEO, RampRate/DeepStrat
* John Sabey, President, Sabey Data Centers
* Eric Shepcaro, Chief Executive Officer and Director, Telx
* Anthony Wanger, President, IO
* Sean P. Brady, Senior Director & Co Founder – Data Center Advisory Group, Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Michael Boccardi, President & CEO, Cervalis
* Colton Brown, Regional Director, DuPont Fabros
* Dennis Cronin, Chief Operating Officer, Steel ORCA
* Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Vice President – Strategic Client Management, Quality Technology Services
* David Spiewak, Chief Executive Officer, DJS Group LLC
* Michael G. Morris, Executive Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
* Mark Grossman, Technology, Outsourcing and Telecom Lawyer, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP
* Ron Guida, Principal Consultant, Cloud, IT, & Security Services, Terremark, a Verizon Company
* Hunter Newby, Founder & CEO, Allied Fiber
* Mark Norton, Vice President, CoreSite
* Patrick K. Shelly, Assistant Vice President, Rudin Management Company, Inc.
* Brian Schafer, Director of Business Development, Highland Associates; President, Metro New York Chapter 7×24 Exchange
* James S. Coe, PE, RCDD Director of Critical Facilities/Senior Vice President, Syska Hennessy Group, Inc.
* Jay Forester, Vice President of Construction, Digital Realty Trust
* Albert DiGuilio P.E., Senior Vice President, EIAD Energy Solutions
* Ryan Goodman, Executive Vice President, Rudox Engine & Equipment Company
* Glen Neville, P.E., LEED AP, Director of Engineering, Deutsche Bank
* Todd Traver, Data Center Strategy and Energy Efficiency Executive, PMP , CDCDP, IBM Data Center Management & Optimization
* Thomas Traugott, Senior Vice President – Datacenter Solutions Group, Cassidy Turley
* Zane Alsabery, CEO, Alchemy Communications, Inc.
* David Gillespie, Project Manager, SSOE Group
* Randy Ortiz, Vice Prsident – Data Center Design and Engineering, Internap
* Christopher Porto, Director – Technology Division, JRM Construction Management, LLC
* Michael Weill, Business Development, Hosting.com
NETWORKING & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Attendance and interest are building for CRE's New York Data Center Summit. Look Who's Attending as of February 13, 2013:
* 1547 Realty Partners LLC
* 325 Hudson Street
* 451 Research
* Advanced Business Communications – Corning / Cooper B-Line
* AHA ENGINEERS
* Allied Fiber
* Ameristar Fence Products
* Atlantic Power Systems
* Avison Young
* Axiom Communications
* Barnhardt Energy Partners LLC
* Berkshire Partners
* Blackrock Financial
* Bloom Energy
* Bluestone Energy Services
* BTECH INC
* Cassidy Turley
* CCG Facilities Integration Inc
* Chicago Title NJ Direct Operations
* Chil-Pak / U.M.P Data Center Cooling
* CIT Communications, Media & Entertainment
* Cobalt Data Centers
* Colliers International
* COMMSULT Group
* Compass Datacenters
* Corgan Associates Architects PC
* Cosentini Associates
* Cross River Fiber
* Cushman & Wakefield of New Jersey, Inc.
* Data Centers Delivered
* DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole, LLP
* Deutsche Bank
* DH Capital, LLC
* Digital Realty Trust
* DJS Group LLC
* DPR Construction
* DuPont Fabros
* EIAD Energy Solutions
For additional information, please view the official conference website:
Telephone registration/questions: Please contact Ronnie Niederman | 212-873-3484
Sponsorship: Adam Knobloch or Brian Klebash | [email protected] | 917-460-3572
SOURCE CAPRATE Events, LLC
SaaS companies can greatly expand revenue potential by pushing beyond their own borders. The challenge is how to do this without degrading service quality. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director at Anexia, discussed how IaaS providers with a global presence and both virtual and dedicated infrastructure can help companies expand their service footprint with low “go-to-market” costs.
Jun. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 630
The initial debate is over: Any enterprise with a serious commitment to IT is migrating to the cloud. But things are not so simple. There is a complex mix of on-premises, colocated, and public-cloud deployments. In this power panel at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Commvault; Dave Landa, Chief Operating Officer at kintone; William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interou...
Jun. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 626
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jun. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 451
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jun. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,050
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 342
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
Digital Initiatives create new ways of conducting business, which drive the need for increasingly advanced security and regulatory compliance challenges with exponentially more damaging consequences. In the BMC and Forbes Insights Survey in 2016, 97% of executives said they expect a rise in data breach attempts in the next 12 months. Sixty percent said operations and security teams have only a general understanding of each other’s requirements, resulting in a “SecOps gap” leaving organizations u...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 892
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 576
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 948
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 866
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, a Developer Advocate with IBM Cloud Data Services, discussed...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 673
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,152
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 574
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,098
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors ...
Jun. 24, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 623
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,095
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 768
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,404
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Jun. 24, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 737