|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 09:06 AM EST||
WSO2 today announced it will lead 26 in-depth presentations for IT architects, developers and administrators in conjunction with WSO2Con 2013, WSO2’s third user conference. The WSO2 keynotes, conference sessions, and pre-conference tutorials will explore enabling technologies and best practices for implementing a service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, API management, mobile integration, and analytics, among others. Leading the sessions are the same senior technical experts who deliver WSO2's professional consulting, design and training—providing attendees with first-hand, real-world knowledge.
WSO2Con 2013 will be held February 12-14, 2013 at the Park Plaza, Victoria in London, and it will be joined by a live stream event from the Cinnamon Lakeside in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In addition to the WSO2-led sessions, the event also features 16 guest presentations by customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, who will address enterprise IT professionals’ top cloud, application and integration priorities. For more information, visit http://wso2con.com.
WSO2 to Address Top Enterprise IT Priorities
WSO2 speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the leading innovators in SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, and mobile technologies. These experts will share their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote and technology and industry tracks. Details of the full agenda are available at http://wso2con.com/agenda. Sessions include:
- Keynote: Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
- Keynote: The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
- Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
- Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
- Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
- WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
- Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
- Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
- Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
- Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Partner Program, Jonathan Marsh, WSO2 vice president of business development and product design
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Carbon, Pradeep Fernando, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Birds of a Feather - WSO2 Stratos, Damitha Kumarage, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando,
Pre-Conference Tutorials Extend WSO2Con Experience
WSO2Con 2013 will feature two half-day tutorial events that take a deeper exploration into technology best practices using WSO2’s cloud and enterprise middleware platforms. Attendees can register for the tutorial days separately or as part of a complete WSO2Con event package. The half-day tutorials will be held on February 7, in Colombo and on February 12, in London, and each will feature the following sessions:
- WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform: ESB and More, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and Kasun Indrasiri, WSO2 associate technical lead
- API Management 101, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect, and Sanjeewa Malalgoda, WSO2 software engineer
- Governance from Soup to Nuts, Isabelle Mauny, director of product management, and Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
- Enterprise Security & Identity Management with WSO2 Identity Server, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect, and Hasini Gunasinghe, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Private PaaS for the Enterprise: WSO2 Stratos & WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions, and Amila Maha Arachchi, WSO2 technical lead
- Building Composite Enterprise Applications with WSO2 Developer Studio, Samisa Abeysinghe, WSO2 vice president of engineering, and Harshana Martin, senior software engineer
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 3,271
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 658
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,189
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,705
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,158
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:34 PM EST Reads: 225
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,292
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 943
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:38 AM EST Reads: 240
CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform innovator for agile business IT, has been recognized with the Customer Value Leadership Award for its nWorkSpace platform by Frost & Sullivan. The company was also featured in a new report(1) by the industry research firm titled, “Desktop-as-a-Service Buyer’s Guide, 2016,” which provides a comprehensive comparison of DaaS providers, including CloudJumper, Amazon, VMware, and Microsoft.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 789
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 764
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 944
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 317
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 661
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,009
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 7,070
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,801
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,624
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,724
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,425