|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help customers achieve greater value from Oracle's PeopleSoft applications, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 continues Oracle's commitment to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications by providing new technology enhancements that deliver a dramatically improved user experience and help reduce ongoing operating costs.
- This latest release of PeopleSoft PeopleTools enables a new level of usability and productivity within the PeopleSoft applications by delivering a process rather than task-centric interaction model. PeopleSoft applications now incorporate high productivity features such as a cockpit style single stop WorkCenter for expert users and methods that improve all users' ability to simply, find and work with enterprise data in more visual ways.
- With this release, PeopleSoft customers will be better able to manage their total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft applications by leveraging options for system virtualization, instance consolidation and Oracle private cloud solutions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 is Oracle's latest effort to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications. This new release is designed to be a technology upgrade for all currently supported PeopleSoft applications and to power Oracle's next planned release of PeopleSoft.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools is a comprehensive development toolset that is the technology foundation for PeopleSoft applications. PeopleTools enables application developers to build, configure and customize PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily.
PeopleTools 8.53 Improves Usability and Reduces Costs for Existing PeopleSoft Deployments
- The latest release of PeopleTools delivers a process-centric model for user interactions rather than a task-based approach with features such as PeopleSoft Activity Guides. This more intuitive user experience provides a visual layout for multiple step processes, across both PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- The inclusion of Oracle's Secure Enterprise Search (SES) provides secure, free text search within PeopleSoft applications across multiple objects and multiple instances. With SES, PeopleSoft now enables users to take a more streamlined search-driven approach to navigating the system rather than hunting for actions in complex menus.
- Furthering the change in navigation, the expansion of the Related Actions Framework in PeopleTools 8.53 provides end users the ability to take contextually relevant action on objects in place of using traditional menu paths.
- The PeopleSoft user interface now showcases improved use and support of web-standard Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Leveraging CSS more than ever, PeopleTools 8.53 enables users to easily configure their PeopleSoft system to reflect corporate design elements such as colors, graphics and web page behavior, delivering new look and feel options.
- In addition, the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub extends the native PeopleSoft application user interface to include Unified Application Navigation, role-based configurable homepages as well as a comprehensive suite of social and collaboration tools.
- Real-time, embedded decision support analysis capabilities are delivered in PeopleTools 8.53 by Pivot Grids. Pivot Grids are self-service, multi-dimensional analytics built into the applications that provide users with improved analytic capabilities and the business intelligence needed to make informed decisions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 also increases the productivity of professional users through the use of WorkCenters. WorkCenters consolidate user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based, cockpit style "command center" that can be personalized via end user configuration.
- Designed to significantly reduce the total cost of ownership, PeopleTools 8.53 enables Oracle private cloud deployments of PeopleSoft. Multiple PeopleSoft application instances can be consolidated on a single Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud machine, delivering improved application performance and scalability as well as improved system management, patching, and maintenance. Oracle VM Templates for PeopleSoft support rapid application provisioning and scaling, allowing customers to easily adopt the latest PeopleSoft application innovations.
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 is designed to help customers derive greater value from their PeopleSoft investment," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "The functionality delivered in the latest version of PeopleTools should help users configure and customize their PeopleSoft applications in ways that provide a more intuitive user experience while also driving business value."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools
- PeopleSoft Technology Blog
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- PeopleSoft Info on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,567
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 27, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,408
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,713
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, discussed using predictive analytics to mon...
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,999
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 26, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,735
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,575
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,001
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,362
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,364
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,983
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,038
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,135
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 335
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,932
[guide] Cloud Analytics for Dummies | @CloudExpo @Informatica #API #Cloud #Analytics #BusinessIntelligence
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 799
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,130
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,827
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 431
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,490
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,088