|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To help customers achieve greater value from Oracle's PeopleSoft applications, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 continues Oracle's commitment to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications by providing new technology enhancements that deliver a dramatically improved user experience and help reduce ongoing operating costs.
- This latest release of PeopleSoft PeopleTools enables a new level of usability and productivity within the PeopleSoft applications by delivering a process rather than task-centric interaction model. PeopleSoft applications now incorporate high productivity features such as a cockpit style single stop WorkCenter for expert users and methods that improve all users' ability to simply, find and work with enterprise data in more visual ways.
- With this release, PeopleSoft customers will be better able to manage their total cost of ownership for PeopleSoft applications by leveraging options for system virtualization, instance consolidation and Oracle private cloud solutions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 is Oracle's latest effort to extend the value of PeopleSoft applications. This new release is designed to be a technology upgrade for all currently supported PeopleSoft applications and to power Oracle's next planned release of PeopleSoft.
- PeopleSoft PeopleTools is a comprehensive development toolset that is the technology foundation for PeopleSoft applications. PeopleTools enables application developers to build, configure and customize PeopleSoft applications quickly and easily.
PeopleTools 8.53 Improves Usability and Reduces Costs for Existing PeopleSoft Deployments
- The latest release of PeopleTools delivers a process-centric model for user interactions rather than a task-based approach with features such as PeopleSoft Activity Guides. This more intuitive user experience provides a visual layout for multiple step processes, across both PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft applications.
- The inclusion of Oracle's Secure Enterprise Search (SES) provides secure, free text search within PeopleSoft applications across multiple objects and multiple instances. With SES, PeopleSoft now enables users to take a more streamlined search-driven approach to navigating the system rather than hunting for actions in complex menus.
- Furthering the change in navigation, the expansion of the Related Actions Framework in PeopleTools 8.53 provides end users the ability to take contextually relevant action on objects in place of using traditional menu paths.
- The PeopleSoft user interface now showcases improved use and support of web-standard Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Leveraging CSS more than ever, PeopleTools 8.53 enables users to easily configure their PeopleSoft system to reflect corporate design elements such as colors, graphics and web page behavior, delivering new look and feel options.
- In addition, the PeopleSoft Interaction Hub extends the native PeopleSoft application user interface to include Unified Application Navigation, role-based configurable homepages as well as a comprehensive suite of social and collaboration tools.
- Real-time, embedded decision support analysis capabilities are delivered in PeopleTools 8.53 by Pivot Grids. Pivot Grids are self-service, multi-dimensional analytics built into the applications that provide users with improved analytic capabilities and the business intelligence needed to make informed decisions.
- PeopleTools 8.53 also increases the productivity of professional users through the use of WorkCenters. WorkCenters consolidate user tasks, exceptions, alerts, links, reports, and queries into a single, secure, role based, cockpit style "command center" that can be personalized via end user configuration.
- Designed to significantly reduce the total cost of ownership, PeopleTools 8.53 enables Oracle private cloud deployments of PeopleSoft. Multiple PeopleSoft application instances can be consolidated on a single Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud machine, delivering improved application performance and scalability as well as improved system management, patching, and maintenance. Oracle VM Templates for PeopleSoft support rapid application provisioning and scaling, allowing customers to easily adopt the latest PeopleSoft application innovations.
- "Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.53 is designed to help customers derive greater value from their PeopleSoft investment," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "The functionality delivered in the latest version of PeopleTools should help users configure and customize their PeopleSoft applications in ways that provide a more intuitive user experience while also driving business value."
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft PeopleTools
- PeopleSoft Technology Blog
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
- Oracle Human Capital Management Blog
- PeopleSoft Info on Twitter
- Oracle HCM on Twitter
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 25, 2015 07:45 PM EST Reads: 3,561
SYS-CON Media announced that Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow, has launched a new ad campaign in Cloud Computing Journal. The ad campaign, a webcast titled 'Is Your Data Center Ready for the Application Economy?', focuses on the latest data center networking technologies, including SDN or ACI, and how customers are using SDN and ACI in their organizations to achieve business agility. The Cisco webcast is available on-demand.
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,896
Datapipe has acquired GoGrid, a provider of multi-cloud solutions for Big Data deployments. GoGrid’s proprietary orchestration and automation technologies provide 1-Button deployment for Big Data solutions that speed creation and results of new cloud projects. “GoGrid has made it easy for companies to stand up Big Data solutions quickly,” said Robb Allen, CEO, Datapipe. “Datapipe customers will achieve significant value from the speed at which we can now create new Big Data projects in the clou...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,474
Dale Kim is the Director of Industry Solutions at MapR. His background includes a variety of technical and management roles at information technology companies. While his experience includes work with relational databases, much of his career pertains to non-relational data in the areas of search, content management, and NoSQL, and includes senior roles in technical marketing, sales engineering, and support engineering. Dale holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, and a BA in Computer Science f...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 4,645
The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly in the process of breaking from its heretofore relatively obscure enterprise applications (such as plant floor control and supply chain management) and going mainstream into the consumer space. More and more creative folks are interconnecting everyday products such as household items, mobile devices, appliances and cars, and unleashing new and imaginative scenarios. We are seeing a lot of excitement around applications in home automation, personal fitness,...
Jan. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 4,386
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., showed what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. ...
Jan. 25, 2015 04:30 PM EST Reads: 5,046
SYS-CON Events announced today that CodeFutures, a leading supplier of database performance tools, has been named a “Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. CodeFutures is an independent software vendor focused on providing tools that deliver database performance tools that increase productivity during database development and increase database performance and scalability during production.
Jan. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,449
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 25, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 3,698
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 3,554
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 3,791
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your onlin...
Jan. 25, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 4,685
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by minin...
Jan. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,179
Software Defined Storage provides many benefits for customers including agility, flexibility, faster adoption of new technology and cost effectiveness. However, for IT organizations it can be challenging and complex to build your Enterprise Grade Storage from software. In his session at Cloud Expo, Paul Turner, CMO at Cloudian, looked at the new Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) market and how it is changing the storage world. Now Software Defined Storage companies can build Enterprise grade ...
Jan. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,354
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore's Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at Big Data Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, disc...
Jan. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,471
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Jan. 25, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,237
Vormetric on Wednesday announced the results of its 2015 Insider Threat Report (ITR), conducted online on their behalf by Harris Poll and in conjunction with analyst firm Ovum in fall 2014 among 818 IT decision makers in various countries, including 408 in the United States. The report details striking findings around how U.S. and international enterprises perceive security threats, the types of employees considered most dangerous, environments at the greatest risk for data loss and the steps or...
Jan. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,167
CodeFutures has announced Dan Lynn as its new CEO. Lynn assumes the role from Founder Cory Isaacson, who has joined RMS and will now serve as chairman of CodeFutures. Lynn brings more than 14 years of advanced technology and business success experience, and will help CodeFutures build on its industry leadership around its Agile Big Data initiatives. His technical expertise will be invaluable in advancing CodeFutures’ AgilData platform and new processes for streamlining and gaining value from gro...
Jan. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,156
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization's assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,658
SYS-CON Events announced today that ActiveState, the leading independent Cloud Foundry and Docker-based PaaS provider, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. ActiveState believes that enterprises gain a competitive advantage when they are able to quickly create, deploy and efficiently manage software solutions that immediately create business value, but they face many challenges that ...
Jan. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,775
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core...
Jan. 25, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 3,585