|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2013 12:40 PM EST||
HOPKINTON, Mass., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
EMC® today announced:
- New EMC VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure configurations for virtualized SharePoint environments accelerate deployment and adoption.
- VSPEX is based on best-of-breed storage, virtualization, server and network technology.
- When used with EMC's award-winning unified storage and backup and recovery technologies in a virtualized SharePoint environment, VSPEX can help customers tune SharePoint storage performance in 80% less time, shorten SharePoint provisioning by 4X, and reduce time to manage backup by 81%.
- According to the latest end-user study from IDC¹, more SharePoint was deployed on EMC storage than any other technology vendor.
- EMC also announced updates for all 14 of the original VSPEX configurations to ensure customers can choose from the latest technology when deploying their VSPEX, as well as an online education and sales enablement center and simplified technical documentation for partners.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced new EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure configurations optimized for virtualized Microsoft SharePoint environments. VSPEX provides customers the power to choose the hypervisor, server, and network technology they prefer to go along with EMC's award-winning VNX® and VNXe® unified storage and EMC Data Domain®, EMC Avamar® and EMC NetWorker® backup and recovery solutions to address the uniqueness of their SharePoint environments. The simple, efficient and flexible VSPEX for SharePoint configuration can scale from 1,000 users up to 10,000 users and can be used with all of the private cloud solutions in the VSPEX catalog. Since its April 2012 launch, EMC partners have sold hundreds of VSPEX, which offer a wide variety of configurations enabling channel partners to accommodate a diverse range of customer deployment preferences. Today EMC also announced updates for all 14 of the original VSPEX configurations to ensure customers can choose from the latest technology when deploying their VSPEX, as well as an online education and sales enablement center and simplified technical documentation for partners.
Organizations implement SharePoint to improve internal and external productivity and collaboration. For many customers, SharePoint is often deployed in a highly distributed model that can result in significant data growth, management complexity and isolated islands of information and infrastructure. VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for virtualized SharePoint environments enables customers to confidently consolidate or deploy new SharePoint environments and leverage the power of virtualization to lower costs and simplify management. VSPEX includes EMC's award-winning unified storage systems, which according to IDC¹ are most preferred by SharePoint customers over other vendors.
Available in early 2013 exclusively through partners in the EMC Velocity™ partner program, the new EMC VSPEX for SharePoint simplifies infrastructure design and deployment so partners can focus on rapidly consolidating existing or deploying new SharePoint environments for their customers. VSPEX enables EMC and Microsoft's mutual customers to take advantage of the power of SharePoint so they can more quickly respond to business and competitive requirements.
VSPEX in Virtualized SharePoint Environments: Efficient, Easy to Manage, Powerful
VSPEX Proven Infrastructure for virtualized SharePoint is designed for customers looking to consolidate storage and infrastructure and lower costs associated with SharePoint use cases such as Document Repository (file shares replacement) and Enterprise Content Management. With VSPEX, customers can realize greater efficiency, flexibility, higher availability, faster and simplified backup and recovery and reduce TCO. VSPEX provides Microsoft customers and others a choice of industry leading virtualization technologies for their private cloud Infrastructures.
EMC unified storage solutions deliver predictable performance and significantly reduce the planning, sizing and configuration burdens of adopting a private cloud environment. EMC backup and recovery solutions leverage industry-leading deduplication technologies to significantly reduce backup storage requirements and enable fast, reliable data protection.
Validated in tests and studies conducted by EMC and leading industry analyst firms, these technologies combined in VSPEX can help users in virtualized SharePoint environments:
- tune SharePoint storage performance in 80% less time
- shorten SharePoint provisioning by 4X with EMC Storage Integrator (ESI)
- accelerate SQL Server transactions per second by 4X
- cut time to manage backup by 81%
- reduce backup storage by 10-30X
EMC Extends VSPEX Value for Customers and Partners with Enhanced Solutions, New Enablement Center, and Simplified Technical Documentation
- New Technical Integration – To ensure customers can choose from the latest technology when deploying their VSPEX EMC announced today that the original VSPEX Private Cloud and End User Computing solutions are now updated with VMware vSphere 5.1, Windows Server 2012, EMC FAST™ Cache, EMC FAST VP, and specific to the VSPEX End User Computing solutions, RSA SecurID® two-factor authentication. Click here for a complete list of the latest VSPEX offerings.
- New Online VSPEX Enablement Center for Partners – EMC Velocity partners can now easily access information about becoming a VSPEX-enabled partner. Current VSPEX-enabled partners can use the enablement center to help identify the best solution to address customer challenges, as well other resources to support their VSPEX sales and development efforts such as reference architectures, solution overviews, training, vLabs, and instructional videos.
- Simplified VSPEX Technical Documentation – Technical documentation for the VSPEX Private Cloud and VSPEX End User Computing solutions are now delivered as a single document – The VSPEX reference architecture, sizing guide and deployment guide are now a single document that can be accessed on EMC Community Network here.
Nigel Farr, Client Services Director, Equiniti ICS
"Consolidating and virtualizing SharePoint and other mission-critical applications on an EMC VNX unified storage solution has helped Equiniti ICS deliver our hosted services customers improved performance, agility, reduced costs, increased data protection, and rapid recovery. EMC's ability to address our quality of services requirements has also enabled us to provide these customers with a confident solution that's simple and efficient. Solutions like VSPEX will make our future deployments easier."
Tony Jimenez, President & CEO, MicroTech
"SharePoint is a mission-critical application that our customers rely on for many things, such as sharing ideas and expertise so they can make the right decisions for their business. All of this collaboration results in data that needs to be managed, secure, and highly-available in the cloud. Our customers like VSPEX because it's simple, efficient, and it gives them the flexibility they need for their unique IT requirements. Another added benefit is that the customer can rely on their value-added reseller to configure a customized, complete VSPEX solution that can be deployed in no time. We believe VSPEX will gain significant momentum in virtualized SharePoint environments because it's based on EMC unified storage and backup and recovery technologies that can help them significantly reduce backup storage and tune and provision SharePoint in less time."
Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President, Product Operations and Marketing, EMC Corporation
"EMC VSPEX is a simple, efficient, and flexible reference architecture optimized for the most popular use cases for customers moving to cloud computing. Virtualized SharePoint has become a mission-critical application and therefore needs to be managed and protected – the new EMC VSPEX for SharePoint enables customers to accelerate their IT transformation with faster deployments, simplified management, backup, and storage provisioning while decreasing data volume, lowering the cost and complexity of management as well as data security and governance risk."
- Read about EMC Solutions for Microsoft SharePoint
- Join the VSPEX conversation on EMC Community Network
- Learn more about VSPEX
- EMC Everything Microsoft Community
- Learn more about partnering with EMC
- Learn more about Microsoft at www.microsoft.com
- Follow @EMCVSPEX on Twitter
- Join the #EMCChannel conversations on Twitter.
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
1 IDC, "IDC's Storage Users Demand Survey 2011 - Fall Edition: Customers Still Want Choice, #234651
EMC, Avamar, Data Domain, FAST, NetWorker, RSA, SecureID, Velocity, VNX, VNXe and VSPEX are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Jul. 31, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,250
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, will discuss the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data and analysis are providing the pull to meet customer expectations of a widely connected, multi-dimensional universe of people, things, and information.
Jul. 31, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,127
It’s time to face reality: "Americans are from Mars, Europeans are from Venus," and in today’s increasingly connected world, understanding “inter-planetary” alignments and deviations is mission-critical for cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, will discuss cultural expectations of privacy based on new research across these elements.
Jul. 31, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 931
SYS-CON Events announced today that Esri has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Esri inspires and enables people to positively impact the future through a deeper, geographic understanding of the changing world around them. For more information, visit http://www.esri.com.
Jul. 31, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,330
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Jul. 30, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,119
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cuts through the hype and the acronyms, and discusses the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He’ll discuss VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jul. 29, 2014 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Jul. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
Cloud Computing is evolving into a Big Three of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. Cloud 360: Multi-Cloud Bootcamp, being held Nov 4–5, 2014, in conjunction with 15th Cloud Expo in Santa Clara, CA, delivers a real-world demonstration of how to deploy and configure a scalable and available web application on all three platforms. The Cloud 360 Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, an analyst with Gigaom Research, is the first bootcamp that introduces the core concepts of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) based on the workings of the Big Three platforms – Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, and Azure VMs. Bootcamp attendees will get to see the big picture and also receive the knowledge needed to make the best cloud decisions for their business applications and entire enterprise IT organization.
Jul. 28, 2014 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,161
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at 15th Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, Vice President, Product Strategy of LogMeIn's Xively IoT Platform, will show you how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,707
“Distrix fits into the overall cloud and IoT model around software-defined networking. There’s a broad category around software-defined networking that’s focused on data center, and we focus on the WAN,” explained Jay Friedman, President of Distrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,744
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jul. 27, 2014 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,282
“The Internet of Things is a wave that has arrived and it’s growing really fast. The concern at Aria Systems is making sure that people understand the ramifications of their attempts to monetize whatever it is they build on the Internet of Things," explained C Brendan O’Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect at Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the Internet of @ThingsExpo, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading IoT industry players in the world.
Jul. 27, 2014 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,388
The Internet of Things is a natural complement to the cloud and related technologies such as Big Data, analytics, and mobility. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Joe Weinman will lay out four generic strategies – digital disciplines – to exploit emerging digital technologies for strategic advantage. Joe Weinman has held executive leadership positions at Bell Labs, AT&T, Hewlett-Packard, and Telx, in areas such as corporate strategy, business development, product management, operations, and R&D.
Jul. 21, 2014 11:17 AM EDT Reads: 2,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that DevOps.com has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's “DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo,” which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. DevOps.com is where the world meets DevOps. It is the largest collection of original content relating to DevOps on the web today Featuring up-to-the-minute news, feature stories, blogs, bylined articles and more, DevOps.com is where the thought leaders of the DevOps movement make their ideas known.
Jul. 20, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,804
There are 182 billion emails sent every day, generating a lot of data about how recipients and ISPs respond. Many marketers take a more-is-better approach to stats, preferring to have the ability to slice and dice their email lists based numerous arbitrary stats. However, fundamentally what really matters is whether or not sending an email to a particular recipient will generate value. Data Scientists can design high-level insights such as engagement prediction models and content clusters that allow marketers to cut through the noise and design their campaigns around strong, predictive signals, rather than arbitrary statistics. SendGrid sends up to half a billion emails a day for customers such as Pinterest and GitHub. All this email adds up to more text than produced in the entire twitterverse. We track events like clicks, opens and deliveries to help improve deliverability for our customers – adding up to over 50 billion useful events every month. While SendGrid data covers only abo...
Jul. 20, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,485
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Cloud as a Growth Engine for Business
- Docker + Stackato: The Perfect Workload Portability Solution
- Choosing Cloud Providers – Has the Provider Utilized a Proven Methodology?
- CodeFutures’ Cory Isaacson to Preview His Newest Book at Cloud Expo
- An API Strategy Is a Business Strategy
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- A Globally Distributed Storage Cloud with Disaster Recovery
- DevOps Drives Growth, Profits and Business Performance
- E-Signature Integration Workshop
- DevOps Summit Power Panel | Is DevOps Really Changing How IT Is Working?
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- Enterprise Cloud Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Intelligent Systems in Transportation
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- Powering the Mobile Enterprise
- Cloud Expo New York: Best CIO Practices Shared from SHI’s Customers
- How Platfora Is Transforming Hadoop
- Meal Management System ISOBAG™ Offers 10% Off Coupon To Spur Holiday Season Shopping in 2013
- Cloud Computing and Big Data in 2013: What's Coming Next?
- Think You Heard It All About The Best of the Best from CES? Well, Think Again ... My eHome® -- the Gotta-Have-It Multi-Play Solution -- Targeted for Launch in First Quarter 2014
- Cloud Expo New York: How to Use Google Apps Script
- Examining the True Cost of Big Data
- Don’t forget to register for FOSE 2013
- Small Cancers, Big Data, and a Life Examined
- Cloud Expo New York: Cloud Is Changing the Economics of Business
- Best Practices: The Role of API Management
- ARM Server to Transform Cloud and Big Data to the Internet of Things